A Nashville paramedic was suspended after posting anti-gay comments on the Nashville Fire Department Emergency Medical Services’ Facebook page as well as his own page.
He posted that homosexuality is a perversion and that two gay EMS workers should “crawl back into the closet,” according to The Tenneseean.
Kevin Kennedy, who has been with the Nashville Fire Department for 20 years, must attend an anger management class and a diversity training class at his own expense before he is re-instated.
“We have a diverse group of employees in the fire department who respond to the needs of a diverse community,” said Deputy Chief Kim Lawson to the Tennessean. “This disrupts the order of discipline. We have an important job. These actions in no way are tolerated.”
13 Notes/ Hide
- dahveeeeeeed likes this
- qbliss reblogged this from projectqueer
- yousaydykelikeitsabadthing likes this
- mudbuttsantorum reblogged this from projectqueer
- definealexplease likes this
- dawningofnovelty likes this
- esendoran likes this
- living-infamously reblogged this from projectqueer
- numchuckbitch likes this
- pastellieria likes this
- projectqueer posted this