Like, I get wanting to fit in and feel socially accepted and all, but why must we assimilate in order to be accepted?
In regards to passing, I do not want to change who I am to feel more like a guy.
I AM a guy. I do not need anyone else to tell me how to be what I am.
I AM who I am.
I AM what I am.
If folks do not want to accept me for being a genderqueer trans* guy, I do not want their acceptance. I do not want their blessing or approval.
I am a proud genderfuck. I do not want to change a thing about myself to make OTHERS more comfortable with my appearance, behaviour, etc.
Why should anyone have to do that?
EDIT: I realise that some folks strive to pass for safety and self-acceptance. To each their own. You feelings are valid. I am raising these questions, because I am genuinely curious about why these things exist - the gender binary, social constructs of beauty and gender, etc.
I have my own battles with my gender presentation daily. For a long time, I stressed passing until I questioned why it was so important to me. I truly want to hear/read from everyone else’s point of view. Please do not think that I am guilting anyone here.
35 Notes/ Hide
- essentialwandering likes this
- itsdetachable reblogged this from projectqueer
- cutebunnygirl answered: I have a response to this that might be a very cool insight.
- acreativeboi likes this
- onlyifittouches reblogged this from riley-ferretboy-konor
- thatbruisedpeach answered: gender binary, social constructs of beauty etc… from my perspective it’s majorly controlled by what media shows. “false image ideals”
- mightybearfalconlives answered: Not guilting so much as letting your privilege show. It’s easy when you DON’T have huge breast and DON’T pass to say these things, you know?
- shadesofaspectrum likes this
- kimchee-breath likes this
- fuck-youmoffat answered: I used to try so hard just to fit in. One day I stopped caring and I stopped trying. I’m so much happier. Screw what everyone else thinks! :)
- akalittleone likes this
- thesavagefaolan reblogged this from projectqueer
- throwuppypuppy likes this
- lettersiarrange likes this
- justnormal1 reblogged this from projectqueer
- genderisaspectrum likes this
- jane-potter likes this
- dark-siren likes this
- onlyifittouches likes this
- cabinfeverkitty likes this
- conflicts reblogged this from riley-ferretboy-konor and added:
- agender-queer answered: You’re my inspiration.
- agender-queer likes this
- jasoncwoodson likes this
- sumpunkkidwithtattoos reblogged this from riley-ferretboy-konor
- punkpedagogy likes this
- eccentricladylover reblogged this from projectqueer
- isecretlyloveitall likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- projectqueer reblogged this from riley-ferretboy-konor
- doomsdame88 reblogged this from riley-ferretboy-konor and added:
- doomsdame88 likes this
- riley-ferretboy-konor posted this