The number of active hate groups in the United States topped 1,000 for the first time and the antigovernment “Patriot” movement expanded dramatically for the second straight year as the radical right showed continued explosive growth in 2010.
Several factors fueled the growth: resentment over the changing racial demographics of the country, frustration over the lagging economy, and the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories and other demonizing propaganda aimed at minorities and the government.
The report is in the Spring 2011 issue of the SPLC’s quarterly investigative journal Intelligence Report. The Hate Map also contains a comprehensive, state-by-state listing of hate groups and their locations.
12 Notes/ Hide
- sansfaireunbruit reblogged this from projectqueer and added:
- butchrag reblogged this from mr-charming and added:
- mr-charming reblogged this from articlesofcleansingbreath
- articlesofcleansingbreath reblogged this from projectqueer
- tankgrlrox81 reblogged this from projectqueer
- qbliss reblogged this from projectqueer and added:
- tears-fears-beauty reblogged this from projectqueer
- itswhatevertheworldis likes this
- projectqueer posted this