Crump worked in the media relations section from December 2008 through July 2009, when he was transferred to Skid Row. He filed a complaint with the LAPD’s Professional Standards Bureau, but no action was taken. Councilman Dennis Zine, who joined Councilman Bernard Parks in opposing the settlement in a 9-2 vote, said he didn’t believe the payment was justified.
"This sends the wrong message to the department and the public," Zine said. "I don’t think this is an appropriate expenditure just for some comments made to him."
Crump’s attorney is Greg Smith, who is running for city attorney.
"This judgement came down some time ago and the city decided to settle," Smith said.
At one point, Crump offered to settle for $100,000 if he could be transferred to the Hollywood Division. That proposal was rejected.
9 Notes/ Hide
- sheer-rotten-luck likes this
- loversintransition reblogged this from projectqueer
- torukun1 likes this
- voidbetweenstars likes this
- lemongrabmypenis reblogged this from projectqueer
- jimbo4 reblogged this from projectqueer
- shelby-gold-star-ireland likes this
- and-a-happy-new-queer reblogged this from projectqueer
- missgingerlee likes this
- projectqueer posted this