by Benjamin Doherty
But Israel’s propagandists continue to try to make pinkwashing work for them, though they’re apparently the only ones who don’t notice the stench it emits.
Photo of two Israeli soldiers holding hands staged by the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit transformed into an internet meme image by hasbara blogger Elder of Ziyon.
Pinkwashing involves efforts to portray Israel as a country that espouses ostensibly Western liberal or progressive democratic values such as feminism, gay rights and multiculturalism. The hope is that target audiences will identify with Israel and thus discount concerns about Israel’s human rights abuses against Palestinians.
Or as I put it on another occasion, pinkwashing is an attempt to change the subject: ‘don’t look at Gaza where we’re besieging 1.6 million people, look over here where we’re having a gay pride parade!’
Click the header link above to read the full article.
31 Notes/ Hide
- antligenhemma likes this
- queerwings likes this
- theslaughteredkelpie likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- hollvn likes this
- goethes-fist likes this
- aguiladejade reblogged this from projectqueer
- thecdstimes reblogged this from projectqueer
- thecdstimes likes this
- grumpygus reblogged this from electro-ponce
- grumpygus likes this
- deaddarwinstillgotmeheated reblogged this from whoisdangerwoman
- whoisdangerwoman reblogged this from projectqueer
- quietlygleeful likes this
- welkoozle reblogged this from electro-ponce
- dustedddreams reblogged this from projectqueer and added:
- secretsofaurora likes this
- jethroq reblogged this from projectqueer
- hunty-no likes this
- beyoncepatronus likes this
- timelordgq reblogged this from projectqueer
- estrogenboy reblogged this from projectqueer
- electro-ponce reblogged this from projectqueer
- rainaweather likes this
- japanesebonustrack likes this
- projectqueer posted this