Fox News head Roger Ailes encased his office in protective glass because he expected violent protests by gay activists, according to a new Rolling Stone profile.
Fox News head Roger Ailes insisted on bombproof glass for his second-floor Manhattan office because he feared attacks by gay activists, according to a new profile of Ailes by Rolling Stone.
Ailes feared retaliation for his general opposition to gay rights and because he had broken up a protest by gay advocates of a Rudy Giuliani speech in 1989, when Ailes was working on Giuliani’s first campaign for mayor of New York City. Ailes had gone so far as to grab a demonstrator by the throat and shove him out the door, Rolling Stone reports.
When he moved into his Fox News office after joining the network in 1996, he reportedly told a colleague, “They’ll be down there protesting. Those gays.”
Read the full profile here.
35 Notes/ Hide
- ellociraptor likes this
- colormegreyy likes this
- brad-t likes this
- rezasutra likes this
- joncs likes this
- montypla reblogged this from darthshadow and added:
- petite-gin likes this
- thepageofblood likes this
- chaoticrice said: Then why is Glee on Fox? I don’t get it. -_-
- rat-fag likes this
- dayonthemoon likes this
- ourflashlightsandourlove reblogged this from projectqueer and added:
- simplybex reblogged this from projectqueer
- v3getarian likes this
- heychickpea likes this
- hilaryoncesaid reblogged this from projectqueer and added:
- protobutts reblogged this from projectqueer
- darthskyfucker likes this
- intothebleu reblogged this from projectqueer
- equalityprincess reblogged this from projectqueer
- equalityprincess said: wow sorry but I am laughing at this… They are going to use a rainbow bomb
- equalityprincess likes this
- projectqueer posted this