Bradlee Dean, founder of the “Christian youth ministry” and anti-gay hate group, You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International, is reportedly having a bit of trouble.
Greg Quinlan, an advocate in the ex-gay movement, doesn’t know much, but he’s certain of the following: President Barack Obama and US Supreme Court Justices Anthony Kennedy and Elana Kagan are under cover gay. On 3 July, Quinlan was a guest on Sons of Liberty Radio. As reported by Right Wing Watch, the no longer gay claimed he worked for the Human Rights Campaign, a gay civil rights organization, in the 1990s. He met Kagan at an event and learned, through the grapevine, she’s a lesbian. He also discovered Kennedy has a ‘predilection for the down low.’
To be ‘on the down low’ means a person is secretly gay, but continues having sexual relationships with people of the opposite sex. The term has been used to describe closeted gay black men. Which brings us to Obama, who Quinlan called a ‘down low president.’ The former gay is, of course, discontented with the Supreme Court’s recent decisions on the Defense of Marriage Act and California’s Proposition 8. He called the majority justices in both cases ‘black-robed Nazis’ who only have a need to ‘accommodate their own personal predilections, including their own sexuality.’
Quinlan continued to opine, adding the ‘radical homosexual lobby’ has a final goal: the end of the church.
'To change the mightiest government that ever existed, because it's founded on God all mighty truths and principles, is to destroy it so they can do what they want to do. Have sex the way they want to have it. And the only way they can have it is to shut us up.'
Quinlan and Sons of Liberty hosts, Bradlee Dean and Jake McMillan, switch topics and enter into a conversation about butch, femme, Nazis and MSNBC’s out news host Rachel Maddow. Dean, the president of the You Can Run But You Cannot Hide ministry, was the loser in his $50 million (€39 million) defamation lawsuit against Maddow. The judge ordered him to pay the journalist’s legal fees; Dean is balking, claiming the judge is biased against him.
'She [Maddow] would definitely be a butch but she is a butch who has to be a femme, meaning she has to put on lipstick,' the ex-gay offers from his ex-gay guidebook.
Host McMillan ends it all with a familiar, and dramatic, flourish: the gays are committing crimes against the small ones.
'We speak to it from protecting the next generation. My gosh, the crimes are horrendous and we know what the end of it is, they are always going for the schools, they want little boys,' McMillan claimed.
Click the header link above to watch the video clips.
A Florida high school barred controversial preacher Bradlee Dean from speaking on campus, reported Talking Points Memo. He was invited by a student school group. According to an attorney for Dean and his organization, the principal of the school in Boca Raton, Fla., held concerns over dean’s anti-gay stance and so stopped the event. In a video uploaded to YouTube by a Bradlee Dean group, the man identified as the principal says, “This is a school, and there’s a procedure,” then, “They probably approved it, but I haven’t seen it, and that’s what I do. I have to approve these things,” although the video claims that the event was “pre-approved.”
The lawyer, Liberty Counsel’s Horatio Mihet, said preventing Dean from speaking violates the First Amendment. Dean is no stranger to controversy, however. An appearance at an Iowa school in 2012 — during which he showed pictures of aborted fetuses and promoted anti-gay messages — also stoked anger. He also filed a lawsuit against MSNBC host Rachel Maddow after she reported on comments he made regarding Muslims, who he said were more religious than American Christians since they were “calling for the execution for homosexuals.” In fact, Maddow and MSNBC asked for the lawsuit to be dismissed because it was an attempt to infringe on free speech. A court ordered Dean to pay Maddow’s legal bills over the lawsuit.
In Minnesota, he delivered a prayer in 2011 on the state House floor, during which he questioned President Obama’s Christianity.
How the Minnesota lawmaker fell in with a controversial hair-metal evangelist.
In late September, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R–Minn.) will travel to a greyhound racetrack on the outskirts of Kansas City, Kansas, to speak at the Freedom Jamboree, a five-day festival billed as “the first national nominating convention” for the tea party. Bachmann, who is considering a run for president, will be joined by some familiar faces—WorldNetDaily editor and arch-birther Joseph Farah will be there; so will Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the architect of Arizona’s harsh immigration law.
One confirmed speaker, however, is not like all the others: Bradlee Dean is a Minnesota radio host, anti-gay activist, and drummer for the band Junkyard Prophet, voted “the second-best unsigned band in the nation” in 1996 by Heaven’s Metal magazine. Dean is likely the only scheduled speaker with a tattoo of Abraham sacrificing Isaac on his forearm; he is almost certainly the only scheduled speaker who has ever gone more than a decade without cutting his hair—a lifestyle decision that gives him a more-than-passing resemblance to Poison’s Bret Michaels.
There’s a must-read piece about Christian rocker and gay-bashing minister, Bradlee Dean posted at The Awl. Dean is a member of the group, Junkyard Messiah, a Christian Constitutionalist radio host and the founder of “You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International,” an anti-homosexual “ministry” who have been allowed to take their hateful bullshit into 330 classrooms around the country.
This guy even wrote a book called My War (ring any bells?) and has had his “ministry” not only endorsed, but prayed for, by Rep. Michele Bachmann, one of the dumbest people ever to hold national elected office in this country.
My War is also the title of a documentary film about YCRBUCHI and Dean, which will be premiering Thursday, October 21, in Plymouth, Minnesota.
Here’s one excerpt from piece, where the author, Abe Sauer, asks The Awl’s readers if they can tell the difference between Dean’s supposedly Christian utterings and things Hitler said. Betcha can’t tell them apart. Think about the 330 classrooms full of impressionable children being spoon-fed this garbage by someone they might perceive as an authority figure. No, of course there would be no connection between the propagation of such quasi-fascist garbage and the recent wave of gay bullying and suicides:
It’s understandable that the Bradlee-Adolf comparison might be dismissed as a lark, a Godwin’s Nazi Law meta-enablement.
So take the below selection of Bradlee Dean and Adolf Hitler quotes and try to correctly attribute them:
1) It’s time for everyone in this country to return to God and engage in His battles to take back the land that was entrusted to us.
2) We want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess.
3) It’s time to turn back to the One who gave us this blessed nation.
4) We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.
5) It is plain to see that the judgments of God are upon our country.
6) How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think.
7) Government is to be the force of law, ruling in the positive, by bringing a negative to crime. The whole purpose of government is to maintain peace in the land with righteous judgment.
8) My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers,
9) As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.
10) Christian men and women, in this fight for right you are fighting for your nation, for your liberties, your happiness, and your peace; for unless Christ and His commandments are maintained, these will most certainly be destroyed
11) I felt condemned at every step that I took, and at times, I would even try to ignore my own conscience because it was so overwhelming.
12) In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders.
13) The Jews, who heard and rejected Christ, were destroyed by Titus, and Vespasian his father.
14) They play the victim when they are, in fact, the predator.
15) All at once the Jew also becomes liberal and begins to rave about the necessary progress of mankind.
16) In return, Christ was nailed to the cross, while our present-day party Christians debase themselves to begging for Jewish votes at elections.
17) They know homosexuality is an abomination.
1 Dean; 2 Hitler; 3 Dean; 4 Hitler; 5 Dean; 6 Hitler; 7 Dean; 8 Hitler; 9 Hitler; 10 Dean; 11 Dean; 12 Hitler; 13 Dean; 14 Dean; 15 Hitler; 16 Hitler; 17 Dean
This doesn’t mean Bradlee Dean is just like Hitler. That impossible. Hitler didn’t have children. Dean has three.
CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO WATCH VIDEOS/HEAR SOUND CLIPS.