Only 76.76% of signatures on initiative against trans student rights are valid.
An organization claims a transgender teenager was harassing classmates, but it turns out the organization is responsible for the harassment.
The TransAdvocate has documented the dirty tricks anti-trans groups are playing in California.
- We documented how the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) falsely claimed that a trans girl had been harassing cis girls in the restroom so they could use it to scare Californians into rejecting AB 1266, the law protecting trans children.
- We documented how the PJI lied about there being a police investigation targeting the trans girl.
- We interviewed and fact checked PJI, proving that they were dishonest time and again.
- We documented the real-life toll PJI’s lies had taken.
- We documented the dishonest way PJI modulates their hate.
- We documented PJI-backed groups lying to the press, claiming that yet another trans kid was harassing cis girls in the restroom.
- We documented a PJI-backed signature gatherer committing election fraud, by falsely claiming that trans protections for children means that gay men can use both the men’s and women’s restroom.
- We documented another PJI-backed signature gatherer committing election fraud, by falsely claiming that trans protections for children led to rape and molestation.
- We documented the anti-trans propaganda.
- We documented what known hate groups were saying about trans kids.
Here again, we caught anti-trans signature gatherers lying to the public in order to scare them into supporting discrimination against trans kids:
An advocate in California snapped this photo while coming out of a Stater Brothers store. The signs falsely asserts that trans protections = co-ed restrooms. This is a violation of California Election Code § 18600 as it is a fraudulent representation of the facts. Note that they’re also scaring people into giving them money. To be clear: AB 1266 never asserts that cis boys get to hang out in the girl’s restroom. That’s a lie. Let’s also be clear that after a decade of having California-style policy in place all over the country – even in places like Houston, Dallas, El Paso, San Antonio Texas, the best these anti-trans groups can do is lie in order to pretend that these policies are problematic.
When you see them in California, report them by calling 866-377-0578. It’s important to document the election fraud that these anti-trans groups are engaged in.
Transgender activists hosted a demonstration outside the Southern California office of the Pacific Justice Institute to protest the Christian organization’s ongoing harassment of a transgender teen…
Privacy for All Students, the right-wing coalition trying to repeal California’s transgender student law, revealed its sinister motives in an online conversation with LGBT activist and blogger Jeremy
None of us can know the mind of the kid who lit a flame to Sasha’s skirt, but I have a feeling that if he had seen Sasha’s skirt as an expression of another kid’s unique, beautiful self and had smiled and thought, “I hella love Oakland,” I wouldn’t be writing this now.
The Fox News anchor declared that the only difference between transgender students using the locker room that corresponds with their identity and minors at a Hooters is that…
Conservative activists within the Privacy for All Students campaign claim they gathered more than half a million valid signatures from Californians who want the chance to repeal the state’s new law…
If you’re a [16-24 yr old] #girlikeus located in the SF/Bay Area you should totally look into participating with the #SHINE Study!! It’s the first study on young #girlslikeus on our health, support networks, partners, and other important aspects of our life!!
This study is important so we can better the lives of #girlslikeus! As a trans woman of color writing this, I’m so excited about being in this study and hope you all will join us! :)
If you have any questions feel free to hit us up at shine-study.tumblr.com, and find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheShineStudy
Yay #girlslikeus helping #girlslikeus
I’ve seen ads regarding the Shine Study out and about in SF. Please participate!
The classmates of Luke “Sasha” Fleischman, the Oakland 18-year-old who was set on fire on Monday by a homophobic teen, as well as some of the staff of Maybeck High School in Berkeley showed solidarity for the recovering student by showing up for school on Friday in skirts.
According to other students, skirts were the article of clothing that Fleischman typically enjoyed wearing as a part of his “agender” orientation - that is, he doesn’t identify on the male/female gender binary - as well as being the clothing he was wearing that prompted the attack. In addition to donning Fleischman’s favorite attire, the school planned to have a photo shoot on Friday during lunch of everyone in their skirts - or kilts, or sarongs, or lava-lavas - that would be then sent to him in the hospital, where he is presently recovering from second- and third-degree burns along his legs that will require massive skin grafts.
16-year-old Richard Thomas of Oakland High School has been charged as an adult with hate crimes in the attack and has yet to enter a plea as the family takes the time granted them by a judge to hire a lawyer.
Since election day we’ve gotten numerous requests for updates on what’s happening with the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) backed effort to repeal the California law defining protections for transgender students.